So many times in my life God has made himself so real to me. When I find myself in circumstances that are completely overwhelming, the King of the Universe--this Lover of my soul--has gone out of His way to prove that he's walking through the darkness with me. It is these times in my life that have both humbled me and secured my faith in a God that I am confident will never leave me nor forsake me. It is my prayer that all that is written here will serve as a memorial to God's work and power and unyeilding passion for the hearts of all people. May this humble pile of stones encourage you and remind you of His constant pursuit of your heart.

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

This week my three kids have been going to Vacation Bible School at our church.  My initial reaction was, "Woohooo!  Five date nights in a row!"  I know; you are probably shocked at bewildered at my complete lack of spirituality.  Here is this amazing ministry that my kids are taking part in where countless volunteers are molding and shaping the hearts and minds of  hundreds of kids. They spend the week laboring to win young souls for Christ, and all I can focus on is having a little quiet time with my husband.  I can't help it. 

It is so rare that my husband and I have any real quality time alone, even just to chat, without interruption. I can't tell you how much more delicious frozen yogurt tastes when you're not surrounded by your little ones who are begging for a "sample". And it it is an absolute luxury to listen to the radio in the car and not have to keep continually reaching over to turn up the volume notch by notch to compete with the sibling squabbles in the backseat. Enjoying a cheeseburger without hearing how unfair it is that all three kids don't have the exact same number of french fries can feel a little bit like heaven.  Well, tonight we had just enjoyed a romantic evening perusing Wal*Mart for birthday gifts and indulging in frozen yogurt with toppings--it was a special occasion after all--when the night really happened.

I was picking up my youngest from her group in the worship center amidst the youthful chaos, when her leader leaned over to me and quietly said, "Alina asked Jesus to come into her heart tonight."  Suddenly, our date night and birthday shopping felt so unimportant.  My little 5 year-old spitfire, our self-proclaimed "princess belly-button wrestler", had made the most important decision of her life.  And I am amazed and grateful.  The angels are singing in heaven tonight and we are rejoicing right here on Earth!  Hallelujah! 

And so I am placing a stone on the pile, for the day my little one was embraced by Jesus as one of His own.  May this be a monument to God's grace and mercy and love for all of us, even the little ones, whose hearts he passionately pursues.




No comments:

Post a Comment